What happened to all those childhood dreams?
Why do all those childhood dreams disappear?
What is it that we all have to fear?
I once thought I could rule the world
As a princess in a beautiful dress
That flowed to the ground
And hair as smooth as silk
Living in an amazing world so free
As a child dreams were unlimited
Slowly the castle fades into the little playhouse in the woods
That was nestled behind our house
But now I see that’s where they’ll stay
To be dreamt upon another day
But sadly for those amazing dreams
Nothing is as it seems
The voice apparent in the poem is refletive on a past, forgotten life. The voice seems to elude to a life that was long ago loved, but has faded into the background as life as progressed.
I want a depressing mood to come across when reciting the poem.
In the performance I would like to use my hands to indicate the length of the dress, and also pointing back to the woods to indicate where the playhouse is hidden.
I don't ususally enjoy performing a peice of writing in this way, so it will be an interesting challenge for me to perform the peice.
I think it adds emphisis to the extremeness of the poem. It takes every little detail and makes it, its own action.
English III and English IV
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment