Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Place

There’s this one place that I love to go to. It’s my own spot. I’ve never seen anyone else out there. It makes me wonder if anyone even knows about it. It’s right behind my house, within walking distance. Which is the best part about it. The walk takes about 5 minuets. I walk out of my back door, and the fresh air fills my lungs. The trees will sway lightly with the breeze that makes a faint rustle throughout the woods. The fallen leaves and branches crunch beneath my feet, making a nice rhythm to listen to. Finally I can see the trees starting to thin, and I know I’m close. As I walk out into the open space, I feel a sense of relaxation come over me. I’ve made it, and it for some reason always makes me feel better. As I walk further out into this field, the path I came from seems to fade away into the surrounding trees. It is as if I’m being cut off from the world I left behind. This field is completely surrounded by trees. It’s a nice feeling. The woods keep my little spot secluded from the rest of the world. I can see the grass being swayed by the wind, but the breeze is what keeps it at a perfect temperature. I can disappear for hours, just to think or to do my homework, it doesn’t matter, and time doesn’t matter. When I walk back, I feel like I’ve just left the one place where I can feel calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment